The default page layout settings in MS Word are not sufficient for the document you need to create in which case you will have to change these settings. You can also change the page formatting depending on the document you are creating. In this tutorial you will learn how to modify the page orientation, paper size and page margins.
Page layout and formatting:
To Change Page Orientation:
for changing the page orientation you need to follow these simple steps.
First of all you need to select the Page Layout tab.
Then you can click the Orientation command in the Page Setup group.
Now left click on either Portrait or Landscape to change the page orientation.
To Change the Paper Size:
For changing the paper size you need to follow these steps.
- 1st of all you need to select the Page Layout tab.
- Now you are required to left click the Sie command, and a drop down menu will appear. The current paper size is highlighted.
- Now you need to left click on a size option to select it, the page size of the document changes.
To Format Page Margins:
For formatting page margins you need to follow these steps.
- First of all you need to select the Page Layout tab.
- Now you need to click the Margins command. A menu of options will appear. Normal is selected by default.
- Now you need to left click the predefined margin size you need.
- Select the Custom Margins from the menu. The Page Setup dialog box will appear.
- Now enter the desired margin size in the appropriate fields.
You can always access the page Setup dialog box by simply clicking the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the Page Setup group. The dialog box should look similar ro the people who have used previous versions of MS Word.