Windows 8 is very closely integrated with OneDrive which is Microsodt;s online storage service. If you have stored the files in OneDrive you can access them easily with Windows 8. In this tutorial you will learn how to use OneDrive with Windows 8.
Uploading Files to OneDrive
- First of all click on the OneDrive app on the Start screen.
- Right-click anywhere on the screen, a menu will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the Add Files button.
- You will see list of folders on your PC. Now select the desired folder.
- When you have found the file you need to upload just select it and then click Copy on OneDrive. If you want you can select multiple files.
- The files will be added into your OneDrive.
Accessing OneDrive in Web Browser:
First of all go to www.onedrive.com and sign in with your Microsoft account.
You will notice that all of your files and folders will appear. Now click on the desired folder or file to open it.
If you are viewing Office document then you can click Edit document and after that select Edit in Word Online to edit it.
Installing the OneDrive desktop app
To Install OneDrive app
- For installing the OneDrive app you need to navigate to Download OneDrive page and locate as well as select Download OneDrive for Windows.
- Once the file is downloaded you can open it and follow the instructions to install OneDrive.
- The OneDrive Desktop application is now installed on your computer. OneDrive folder will be added to your File Explorer and if you add any files to this folder will be uploaded to your OneDrive.