If you have got a Gmail account you can send emails to anyone. Writing an Email is very easy and it is just like typing a message ir you can use the text formatting. Attachments and a signature for customizing the message. IN this tutorial you will learn how to compose an email, add an attachment and create a signature that will appear on all the messages that you send.
When you write an email, you will use the compose window. This is the placewhere you will add the email address of the recipient, subject and also the body of the email. The body of the email is actually the message that you want to send to others. You can also add various text formatting and one or more attachments. You can also create a signature that will be added at the end of each email that you send.
To Send an Email
In order to send an Email you are required to follow these steps.
- First of all you need to click the Compose button located in the left menu pane.
- The compose window will appear in th elower right corner of the page.
- Now you are required to add one or more recipients to the To: field. This can be done by adding one or more email addresses which are separated by commas. You can also click To to select recipients from your contacts and then click selct.
- Now type a subject for your message.
- In the body field you need to type your message and when you are done click on Send.
An attachment is a file (an image or document) that is sent along with your email.
To add an attachment
- For adding an attachment you need to click the paper clip icon located at the bottom of the compose window while composing an email.
- A file upload dialog box will appear. Select the file you need to attach and then click Open.
- The attachement will start uploading. Most of the attachments will be uploaded within few seconds but the large file will take some time.
- When youa re ready to send your email you need to click on Send.
Adding a Signature
For adding a signature follow these steps.
- First of all click on the gear icon located at top right corner of the page and then select Settings.
- Now scroll down till you see the Signature section.
- Now you need to type your desired signature in the box. You can also change font and add other formatting or can insert an image.
- Now scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Save Changes.