In this tutorial you will learn how to set up Cortana in Windows 10 and enable Hey Cortana. You will also learn how to set up your mic or microphone is that Cortana can easily understand you properly. Cortana is actually a digital assistant that has been built into Windows 10. by using the Cortana you can search the web, keep track of your calendar and find the things on your PC.
Setting up Cortana in Windows 10:
- First of all you need to click inside the taskbar search box. The Cortana search box will appear.
- You need to move the slider to the ON position in order to enable Cortana.
- By scrolling down you will find settings that allow you to turn ON or PFF, taskbar tidbits and information about flights.
- If you are required to access the settings again, you need to click on hamburger menu>Notebook>Settings.
- Once Cortana is enabled you will see privacy statement. You can click on I agree in order to proceed.
- In the next step you will be asked for your name. You are required to enter a name that you had like Cortana to call you as and click Next.
- After this you will be asked for a location access to serve you with enhanced results. It is recommended to click on Yes and Allow.
- Once it is done the Privacy settings app will open. Select the apps you need to allow access to your location.
- After this you may exit the Privacy settings app.
- Now you are all set to go. Just click on the Mic in the bottom right corner and then start speaking.
- If the mic is not configured properly and Cortana is not able to hear properly then a box will pop up asking you to set up your Mic. Click on Next to proceed.
- Now Cortana will provide you a phrase to repeat.
- Now you will be asked to read a sentence. You are required to read it clearly and ensure that there is no background noise.
- Once it is done you are required to click on Next and you will see that your microphone has been set up correctly.
- Now try to ask something from Cortana and you will see Cortana respond.