In order to save your precious tine you need to create a new Photoshop document with a white background and add some text on the type layer. You can use Avenir Next Heavy or any other of your own choice.
Add Gradient Overlay Effect to the Text:
In order to add gradient to your text we are going to use Gradient Overlay layer effect.
- You need to make sure that type layer is select in the Layers panel. Now click the fx icon at the bottom.
- Select gradient overlay from the list that will appear.
Select Black, White gradient:
The Layer Style dialog box will open the Gradient Overlay options. You can start by selecting Photoshop’s standard black to white gradient and later can edit the colors to create your own custom gradient.
- In order to select the gradient you are required to click the current gradient’s color swatch.
- You need to make sure that you have clicked the color swatch itself and not the small arrow located on the right side of the swatch.
- Now in the Gradient Editor, you need to select the Black, White gradient from presets section at the top. In Photoshop CC 2020 the gradient presets are grouped in the folders and you can find the Black, White gradient in Basic folder.
Edit the gradient colors:
You can see the current gradient colors at the gradient preview bar in the bottom half of the dialog box. If you have selected the Black and White color gradient then the left side of the preview bar will appear as black and the right side will appear as white. These colors can be edited easily by using color stops.
- If you need to change the black color to something else all you have to do is to double click on the black color stop located below the left side of the preview bar.
- Now select a new color from the Photoshop’s color picker. You can use any color of your liking. Once the color is selected you can click OK in order to close the Color Picker when you are done.
- In order to change the white color to some other color just double click on the white color stop located below the right side of the preview bar.
- Now select a new color from the Color Picker. Once you have select the second color click OK.
- After selecting both new colors now you have got the new custom gradient.
Set the Location of Each Color to 50%:
whe you will create the new color gradient you will notice that the gradient transition from one to another gradually. In order to create solid color gradient that splits the two colors from the centre just change the location value of each of the color stops.
- First of all click on the left color stop in order to select it. You need to click just once, dont double click this time.
- Now you need to change the Location value from 0% to 50% and you will see that the color stop will move below the center of the gradient.
- Noe click on the right color stop in order to select it.
- Now change it’s Location value to 50% as well. The two color stops will now overlap in the center and every half is now filled with solid color.